*The Caring Society is fully booked for 2023 and not accepting presentation requests at this time. Presentation requests for 2024 will open later this year. We appreciate your understanding!*
Please follow-up with us if you have not received a confirmation within 5 business days of submitting your presentation request.
Caring Society staff are available to present at community forums, schools, post-secondary institutions, conferences, and other events. To see our staff biographies please click here.
For more information or to make a request, please fill out the form below.
Requirements for Presentations
Hosting organizations must:
- Provide LCD projector, screen, laptop computer with speakers or connected to in-house sound system and portable microphone.
- Cover all costs for travel and per diem (in accordance with the Treasury Board of Canada).
- Outline all pre-and post-conference needs at the time of the request with timelines. This could include: abstracts, photos, PowerPoint presentations, conference planning meetings, scheduled phone calls, video permissions, contracts, etc. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate further requests for information after your request is submitted.
- Provide a speaking fee. They are as follows:
- In person keynote for Dr. Blackstock - $5000; other staff members - $1200 - $1500
- Webinar for Dr. Blackstock - $2500/hour; other staff members - $500-750/hour
- In person Touchstones of Hope facilitated session - please inquire
- Provide speaking fees and other reimbursements payable to the First Nations Child & Family Caring Society.
- Use the biographies from our website.
- We are honoured when we receive gifts from hosting organizations. In the occasion that a larger gift is presented, please make arrangements with the Caring Society office to ship it.
- If the hosting organization cancels a booked event, they will be required to give one month notice and cover all pre-existing/arranged travel expenses as well as a $500 cancellation fee. If a cancellation is made within the month leading up to the event, the hosting organization must provide full reimbursement as required as well as the full speaker's fee.